Monday, February 1, 2010

The Girls' Room


Girlie, girlie, pretty and girlie! Eva and Mia's fuschia and baby blue room is decked out with sparklie butterlies and tutu tulle bedskirts. Eva loves her pretty pink room and can't wait to share it with her new little sister.


This first picture is the view you first notice from the doorway. It is the right side of the room, the crib and Eva's bed, and the wall art I came up with. I painted an old frame white, upholstered an insert with fuschia organza, then finished it with white branches and butterflies. It's my favorite part of their room.


One of my nesting obsessions during this pregnancy was tutu bedskirts. I had seen some frilly tulle bedskirts at Pottery Barn Kids and fell in love but they were a really pale pink and I wanted dark hot pink so I decided to make them . . . what a great idea that was! Working with tulle is maddening but luckily I had my experienced mom to help me through it and they turned out absolutely adorable! I'm not completely done with them yet. I made little tulle rosettes and plan to trim the top edge with them.

The far window wall is hung with white cotton curtains that I let a few butterlies land on and is flanked on either side with shelves where Eva's princess dresses are on display.




On the left wall between the door to their super cute bathroom and the closet (which you can't see) is their dresser and Eva's favorite books. Her collection of Disney princess dolls are sitting on the shelf for this picture but that's the only time they've ever been up there as they go absolutely everywhere she does.




Another one of my pregnancy obsessions was installing beadboard in the girls' bathroom. I wrangled Pop Pop into helping me and instead of watching the Rose Parade during the New Year's holiday weekend, we transformed the bathroom from boring white bla to fun and fabulous!




No comments:

Post a Comment