Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 1: A Success!

So in the world of new mommies, a successful day is measured not by quotas met or sales made but by whether or not you snagged a shower in between feedings and diaper changes. It is 3:30 and I'm still in my jammies but I did manage to get both kiddos down for a nap at the same time so I could take a quick snooze . . . and I've done two loads of laundry and a sinkful of dishes so I'm thinking I can call today a success. This was my day 1. Grandpa left yesterday, David went back to work today, and I was alone with my two girls for the first time. We really had a great day. Eva and I made pancakes with chocolate chips on top that turned into chocolate pancake sandwiches that we pretended were fancy English tea sandwiches and we ate them with our pinkies up like Fancy Nancy. Then she put on her Cinderella dress and showed Mia and I how to dance like a princess. She is such a big helper. Everytime I needed her to grab me a diaper or a towel or whatever she would get up and go do it.

Grammy came by to check on us and drop off some more food. God Bless Grammy! She is so awesome. Over lunch we were talking about how similar I think the girls are and thought I would post some pics of both of them.

Ok so these pictures don't show the similarities as well as I can see them in person but they still look alot alike. Mia seems to have fuller lips and she pouts them for pictures but their upper lips have the same defined "Franceschini" curve. They have the same distinct heart shaped jaw line and Brown family button nose. I can't wait to see how they change as they grow!



2 comments:

  1. Such beautiful girls!! I tell you what..you make the lovliest girls!! :) What a fun day you had today! Way to go mama Frap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! And oh my gosh she looks like Eva!

    ReplyDelete